Sunday 16 October 2011

Work, work, and a lot more work.

Now, I knew that doing a design course would be hard work, but we really have been thrown into working full pelt! With such a long summer behind us, this was quite a shock to the system! But it is brilliant to be doing some work again.

As I suspected; the inspiration for our first project came from our summer work, that I blogged earlier in September.

In 3 days, we had to use our images to create a collection of at least 10 abstract sculptures, made out of anything and everything we could lay our hands on. They could literally be made out of anything; from scraps of metal and paper found in the street, to household dishcloths and sponges.

At first I struggled because I was too focused on trying to make my sculptures link back to my photographs; I soon learnt though that in using something as obvious as colour, I could quite easily give my work a strong feel of collection.

'Think families of ideas' we were told - and so these are a few of my final pieces.









And here they all are together, along with my initial photographs/photocopies...


Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment